Saturday, October 6

Furnace and Fuel

Give me a push when I fall behind,
Give me strength when I'm weak,
Give me light when it's all dark,
Give me colour when it's bleak.

These lines were written this afternoon for the one person who, despite being so far away, has become a part of my existence. The one who has seen my soul naked, who has seen those layers of my psychology that nobody has ever known. The one, the only one, who has been able to understand me, fully and completely. The one for whom my heart beats, and whose heart beats for me. The one with whom I can afford to be as I am, what I am, without any facades, without any inhibitions.

She has been my strength in difficult times. I'll never forget that night before my Thermo exam. For some reason, I just couldn't sleep. The closer dawn came, the more I was scared. Scared that my exam won't go well if I don't sleep. At 4 am, I sms-ed her, not knowing what to do. To my surprise, she called back immediately. She comforted me, telling me that nothing would happen if I didn't sleep; that my body knew what to do. She gave me strength, and then, sang me a lullaby. Tears rushed down my cheeks as I listened to it. As I write this, my eyes are misty. It was such an overwhelming feeling to have someone care for you so much. And as it turned out, the exam went smoothly.

Parents are the ones kids turn to when they're in distress. But times passes, and soon the kids grow up, and a stage arrives when the kids become the source of strength for their parents. Unfortunately, this means that we're forced to maintain a facade of well-being even when the reality is different. Thankfully, I have someone beside me. And I have faith in her, that she'll drive me to accomplish feats that I wouldn't have been able to do, not because I was incapable, but because I lacked will-power. She's my strength. My Princess, my furnace and fuel.


Now when I look beside,
I realize I'm not alone,
Now when I look ahead,
My fears, they're all gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes... she'll always be here, right beside you... always...

Sunshine said...

can't ask for anything else.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of someone... :-)

Liked a particular post? Leave behind a comment.