Saturday, October 6

I'm going home!

Just six days more! And on the seventh day, I board the train. Yay! Hurray!

There are two reasons I'm dying to go home. Firstly, we've moved in to a new house. A house I have never seen. A house far, far better than Dadu's (Grandpa's) house, where we were staying before. I want to see how Ma-Baba have placed stuff, and I want to see my room. My new room. Not that I ever had an old one in the first place. No more of the the old, dilapidated walls. No more seepage. No more having to see my Thakuma (my Grandma who's always mistreated Ma; emotional torture et al) everyday. No more!

Secondly, it's Pujo (Durga-Puja) time. The biggest Bengali festival, stretching over atleast four days. However, since this happens to be the silver jubilee of our Bengali association back in Noida, it'll be celebrated this year over TEN days. Too bad I'll miss the first day of the fun, but the rest nine are mine (hey that's a rhyme... oh God, it's still rhyming :P). Pujo: I think I'll write a separate post on it.

Fine, I confess, there's a third reason as well: trains. I love trains. I've loved them since before I developed cognitive thinking. Dreamt about them, fantasized about them. So I want to ride the train as well. The fastest train in the country, which'll take me me home in about fifteen hours. I love it.

The countdown has begun. I can hardly wait for Friday now.

No comments:

Liked a particular post? Leave behind a comment.